Try these tips to keep your weight in check during the holiday season:
1. Be physically active every day. During the busy holiday season, it can be hard to find time to be physically active. Physical activity, especially aerobic activities like walking or jogging, can help relieve stress, regulate appetite, and burn those calories from holiday eating. So it’s important to carve out at least 20 minutes per day for physical activity. Try a brisk walk with your family and friends after that holiday meal.
2. Take two to three Slimplicity® Accelerator capsules before your holiday party. Many of us won’t eat all day so we can feast on all the great food at holiday parties. But this is one of the biggest mistakes of the holiday season. By arriving at a party hungry, you’re more likely to overeat as well as eat the wrong types of foods. By taking two to three Accelerator capsules before you get to the party, you’ll be able to curb your appetite and make smarter food choices. For extra help, you can also have a Slimplicity meal replacement shake in place of your breakfast or lunch the day of your holiday party.
3. Stick to water. While we may enjoy a nice glass of wine with dinner, it’s important to remember to drink in moderation — just one to two drinks per day. Alcohol is high in calories and can easily pack on the pounds during the holiday season. Also, try to avoid sugary sodas and juices.
4. Portion control. Carry your Slimplicity “Proper Portion Guideline” brochure with you to remind you how much you should be putting onto your plate. You can sample all of the delicious treats but remember to watch the portion sizes.
5. Stay on target. Remember that you’ve been working hard to maintain your weight all year and now is not the time to make changes. You can still enjoy the holiday meals but try to make smart food choices as much as possible. That balance will register on your scale come January 2!